The church was built in 1789 at the expense of the parishioners.

The church is made of stone, five-domed, with a tiered bell tower. In 1834, the southern side-chapel was added.

There are two thrones:

  1. In the name of St. Sergius, hegumen of Radonezh;
  2. In the name of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God.

There was a parochial school at the church.

The church was closed in 1939. In the Soviet period, the church housed a grain warehouse.

Here is how the church looks now after the restoration: